Welcome to the Taiwan ETA Family! Our August monthly training program is designed to give you the teaching skills and living information you need so that you can feel supported and prepared through this transition before you start to teach on September 1st. Your coordinator will be working closely with you in the city you are based throughout the Fulbright year.
Highlights of the August training program:
- Meeting with the people you are going to work with during the Fulbright year
- Learning teaching skills from TEFL advisers, local professors, co-teachers, and even from your peers
- Gathering information regarding living in Taiwan, such as riding scooters, opening a bank account, and setting up phone numbers
- Visiting local elementary schools
- Experiencing local culture
The 2015 program handbook is below for your reference. Please note that you will receive the hard copy of the 2016 version when you arrive in Taiwan on August 1st.